What to Do If You Find Toxic Mold in Your Home?

How can you tell if mold is toxicMold can appear in various areas of your home but not all of it is dangerous to your health. Of course, when it comes to toxic mold in your home, the problem is serious and should be dealt with as soon as possible. Seeking mold remediation in San Diego is always advisable, because you shouldn’t remove mold by yourself in any case.

Depending on the kind that appears, mold can not only make you sick, but it can also have unwanted consequences. So, what are the signs you are dealing with toxic mold and should you stick around during the remediation process?

How can you tell if mold is toxic?

Toxic mold releases toxic spores in the air which are very dangerous to humans. Not all signs of it are as obvious as seeing mildew on wood, but you can still be on the lookout.

  • Musty smell – This is one of the key signs mold is hidden somewhere nearby and you should search for it.
  • Discolored walls – There are several different reasons for discolored walls and toxic mold is one of them.
  • Stains – Various types of mold have different growth patterns and some of them might look like typical stains.
  • Coughing – Coughs can come from a cold, but also from toxic mold. This is especially likely in the case of chronic coughs, which just can’t seem to go away.
  • Rashes – Many people can develop allergies to mold, which can cause skin rashes and even hives.
  • Fatigue – If you find yourself short of breath and tired all the time, mold might be the guilty party. Chronic fatigue and weakness can occur on humid days.
  • Trouble focusing – Not only can the body be affected by mold, but the brain as well. Toxic mold can cause memory and concentration problems.

Is it safe to stay in a house with mold?

Given all the health hazards of toxic mold, ideally, you should stay somewhere else until the mold is removed. However, not everyone has the option to do so, and if you are thinking about renting a hotel room temporary, here’s what you should consider.

  • Affected areas – If your only kitchen or bathroom is affected, staying in your home during the remediation process can be really inconvenient.
  • Level of work needed – Remedying mold can be done quickly if it’s a small project, but it might take a while if the infestation has spread.
  • Level of noise – Getting rid of the mold and remodeling parts of the house requires the use of various noise-making machines, which might really disrupt your everyday activities.
  • Additional exposure – Even though the whole remediation process is meant to completely get rid of the mold, there is still the danger of additional exposure during the process. Unlike people in charge of it, you will not be wearing protective clothing all the time.
  • Reconstruction side-effects – Apart from noise, the reconstruction process can also cause dust and dirt to spread around the house, making for an unhygienic surrounding.

KIC Restoration provides in-depth mold removal in San Diego

Is it safe to stay in a house with moldIf you suspect you have toxic mold in your home, call KIC Restoration to consult us about your preferred course of action. We are there for you 24/7 and promise you a quick reaction and intervention. This involves a detailed analysis of the current situation, devising a plan of action and implementing it with utmost care and dedication.

Our goal is to minimize your downtime and costs of the restoration process, so everything returns to normal as soon as possible. You might even be tempted to go to Copley Symphony Hall to celebrate the issue being taken care of. So call us today!